Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Peep Shoulder, Lemon Shirt, DIY.


I love the contrast between yellow and white, especially in the summertime. 
Here is a easy way to decorate a shirt with a little yellow fabric paint and a half of a lemon,  then I transformed the plain shirt into a beach cover up or a fun summer shirt. 
Basic sewing required on this one.





 Tutorial
Things you need

  • Yellow Fabric Paint or Dye
  • Lemon cut in half
  • Paper Plate or Small bowl
  • T-Shirt * Mine in an XL mens
  • Scissors
  • Sewing Machine
  • Straight Pins 
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Chalk

  •  Place some aluminum foil between the shirt.
  •  Put some Fabric paint on a plate or in a bowl.
  • Place the lemon in the paint, wipe off excess, you do not want a bunch of paint.
  •  Stamp  the front of the shirt, wait for that to dry and then stamp the back.
  •  Let it dry completely.
  •  Cut the hem off of the Shirt or use another shirt.
  • *I used another shirt I had.
  •  Fold the shirt in half.
  • Mark the shirt with chalk.
I eyeballed where I wanted the point of the shirt to go but you could measure.
basically, the point, is right about your breast.

  • Fold the cut strip in half.
  •  From the half way mark pin the strip to the top of the shirt.
* I did a little folded pleat in the front, but you do not have to.
  •  Pin the back part of the strip to the back of the shirt, you will have some left over strip.
  • Let that hang for now.
  • I also pinned the sleeves with a pleat. 
  •  Sew the strip to the shirt front and back.
  • Also sew the pleat on the sleeve.
  •  On the back, sew to where the two pieces meet.
  •  Tie them and trim if needed.
 Back
 Front


I tied it up on the side because it was so long.
 Great for a beach cover up or even a cute Night shirt.
I hope you have fun making this. 
I think it would be a really cute little girls beach cover up too.
Just buy a small child's shirt.
Have a beautiful day.
Lots of <3,
Anne

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I should give this a try.

    Hello Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nwamaka! Thank you so much,
      Have a wonderful Night!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I should give this a try.

    Hello Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!